Monday 28 April 2008

I got the phone call..............

................ to say that my greenhouse will be delivered next Thursday, the 8th! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Hubby and I are going to have a go at putting it up together... so it will have to be a kid free zone to save their delicate little ears from the expletives that will no doubt be flying around profusely!!! Hee hee.

Last night we had the biggest thunderstorm I've seen in ages! The girls were frightened and of course it arrived just as they were going off to bed. There was a howling wind and massive hailstones! It only lasted about half an hour and was gone as quickly as it arrived.

Anyway I'd put some compost in some modules ready to put some seeds in and had left them on the garden table. I checked them this morning and they were sitting in about 2 inches of water! I've brought them in to dry off a little before I put some seeds in.

I started off some sweetcorn in the airing cupboard a few days ago.... I think I forgot to post that..... but they have sprouted very nicely and this evening they went into their new homes..... nice tall Richy paper pots. I've put them in the conservatory where I hope they'll be very happy for a while.

Oooh things are really happening now!... Did I mention my greenhouse is coming? :-)
Spaz

1 comment:

Mrs Dobby said...

Lovely blog you have here, and looks like a nice allotment too! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog! Please feel free to post a link to our blog, and I'll see about posting a reciprocal link on ours!

Hope your growing year is a good one, nothing like eating fresh crops striaght off the plot, and good luck with the greenhouse!