Saturday 26 April 2008

At last...

.... I've planted my spuds!

Yay... today has been a glorious day and the whole family has been at the Den to mark a momentous occasion!

We got our first veg in the earth! It was only fitting that the first plants in were spuds - that good old staple food. I have 3 rows of Maris Bards (1st early) 3 of Charlotte (also 1sts) and 3 of Maris Piper (main crop).

I also put in 2 rows of Red Baron onions but the sets were very dry and I don't know if they'll come to much.

When I say I planted I mean that hubby helped with some of it (2 lots of pots) until the footie call became too much and he retired off home to watch Man U play Chelsea in the most important game of the season (apparently). We won't mention the fact that Man U lost 2-1 and are now level on points but ahead on goals.... ooops I just did!

And yes the two little dragons were also there to help but spent most of their time planting stones (???!!?) or hanging out on Nanny's plot which is obviously more interesting than our own! But isn't anywhere that Nanny is?

I also put 3 pots of raspberries in. They are not in their final resting place yet but I think they'll be happier in the ground than sitting around in pots and will not wonder off with anyone who takes a fancy to them!

We had a really enjoyable day, finished off with a curry and a bottle or 2 of red wine, and some chill out time in front of the tv.

All I have to do now is wish a very Happy Birthday to my Mum!
Hope you had a great day xxxx

No comments: