Wednesday 7 May 2008

Bank Holiday Weekend

We managed to get to the Den on Sunday and Monday. A family affair again.


Mr Dragon managed to get some of the fencing posts in ready to attach the new chicken wire to. The old broken chicken wire was a real bugger to remove! I think it had been sunk into the ground and had years of grass growth tangled up in it. however, scratched hands and many curses later we managed to cut most of it away!


I have separated my raspberries and managed to get two rows out of them which is a bonus as I was only planning on one row. I pulled a few of the old leeks that were on the patch I used on my Mums plot last year. One was a bit of a whopper although once the leaves had been cut away there wasn't much leek left! However, it and two others, made a very tasty leek and potato soup last night!


I also cut some more Purple Sprouting Broccoli and steamed it to go with our Sunday lunch... (I did the same last week but forgot it was in the fridge and had to throw it out!!!....
Doh!!!! Shocked )

Some pics for you...


My PSB.......
Youngest Dragon with a large leek........



My raspberries.......

No comments: