Thursday 17 April 2008

Meeting results....

Well that was quite interesting.... we have 112 plots on our site and there were about 20 plot holders there in total!

There were moans about fences flying round in the wind.... dog mess..... people not shutting the gate when last out at night (even though someone has nicked the security chain!)..... rats by the pigeon sheds... and a rabbit alert! Last year was quite rabbit free apparently but te year before that there was a big rabbit problem... I hope it's not that bad this year. They also had a moan about people who are after a plot... they are constantly hassling the allotment council clerk and the allotment officer. I sank into my seat at this point as I am guilty of visiting the clerk on a regular basis before I got my plot! Ooops!

Apparently one of the new plot holders has had contractors in to do about a £1000 worth of work! The old timers thought that it wasn't in the spirit of allotmenteering and that they should be excluded from competitions!

But... I did make a good contact for pallets and manure!! Woo hoo!!! Hopefully I'll get a phone call to let me know about the manure soon... I can't wait, the beds could really do with some goodness digging in.

So the next meeting is in October.... I'll be an old hand by then!

No comments: