Wednesday 16 April 2008

Drum Roll Please........

Introducing.........................

The new look Dragons Den..................

The beds have finally been dug over



A base has gone down ready for the greenhouse.....


Hubby has done a great job working out the instructions for the sprayer and giving the den a lovely coat of dragon green paint..... mind you it absolutely chucked it down with rain about an hour after he finished so we left it with a slightly camouflaged look! I even got him to spray the pallets outside the shed to make a nice little veranda! I'm gonna get him a rocking chair and a pipe so that he can sit there swigging moonshine watching the sun go down!

Meanwhile I was busy with the interior decoration! As this shed is doubling up as a playhouse of sorts to keep the girls from getting too bored it has to be bright and cheerful. I need to do another coat of paint and then I'm going to print some nice bright girlie pink circles inside! I've got a small plastic table for them and an easel to keep them occupied. I'm also getting an old sandpit as well. We might even get round to growing some veg at some stage!


Talking of veg.... now I have a lovely blank canvas to play with I'm really scared of making a start! I really need to decide where to put my permanent planting, ie the strawbs and rasps before doing anything else! My spuds are more than ready to meet their new home and get going. I also ordered some bare rooted strawbs from QVC today.... 12 plants for £9ish. (can't remember the name at the moment but they are meant to be very sweet - time will tell!)

PS I will get round to listing my seeds but as I'm running out of battery here I'm gonna have to go. Toodle pip! :-)

1 comment:

She Who Digs said...

Hello Mrs Dragon. Came across your site via Welsh Girls Allotment. Good luck starting out- I was at the same stage as you in 2006- how quickly 2 years have flown!We've both decided on the bed system so it's easy to plan ahead and plant in rotation.
Your shed is going to look fab with the pink paint!
She Who Digs (SWD)