Thursday 29 May 2008

I have a greenhouse

Well actually the greenhouse went up last week... and I can't believe that I haven't been here to update sooner!!!! Mr Dragon is setting up his own business at the moment and we are really busy sorting it all out.

It took 2 days, the 1st for the frame and the 2nd for the glass to go in. It looks fab!

I've got tomatoes, cucumbers and a melon waiting to take up residence.

The spuds are looking really good, and fingers crossed, we won't have any more frosts! We were very lucky last week as the spuds made it through unscathed!

I have finally made a plan of where the rest of the veggies are going and hopefully we can get most of the veggies in now.

We bought some more sweetcorn (only cos it looked so large and made mine look like puny little weeds!) and I've got some celery which I hadn't planned on growing at all - but there you go!

We've had some rain this week - which we needed as the soil had got very crusty on top - but we are planning on rotovating the rest of the plot today... so I'll update again later.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Two days to put a greenhouse up, that is impressive!

Hubby took a weekend to dig out and then shutter up for the concrete foundations and lay the concrete, two days to build the frame and I think he took a "whole" day as in from first light to last light in February to put in the glass.

Just in time for your toms ;)