Friday 9 May 2008

It's here.....

The greenhouse arrived on Thursday and is currently being stored in the shed apart from the long 10' lengths which our neighbour Keith on the next plot is kindly storing for us... I'm paranoid that it will go walkies before it's even been put up!

I've planted some seeds this week, some for planting outside and some for the greenhouse. I'm really surprised that they sprouted so quickly. maybe it's because the weather has been so warm and they're in the conservatory which can get like a Kew Garden hot house at times!

I've planted broccoli, cabbages, sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers, pumpkins and some melons! I don't know how the melons will do but even one would be nice... I can't imagine eating home grown melons!

My sweetcorn has grown well but I'm a bit concerned it's getting a bit leggy! I don't know if I should put it outside in the mini greenhouse.

We bought some cloches today... some with netting for the cabbages and one with fleece for the carrots.

Just a final note to say that the weather has been absolutely gorgeous this week... we haven't had any rain since last Friday and I even caught some sun on Tuesday when I was sitting in the garden with a poorly elder little Dragon. I must get to the Den tomorrow and do some watering.

Have a lovely weekend.... enjoy the sun Weekend BBQ

No comments: