Sunday 23 March 2008

Which Greenhouse?

I had pretty much decided on the greehouse I wanted but then the minor hurricanes started (and flattened my Mums little greenhouse) and so I have had to have a rethink!

The original idea was to have a ploycarb greenhouse, mainly as my girls will be spending time at the den and I want it to be as safe as possible!

HOWEVER...... I also want to have a greenhouse, and contents, that are still standing at the end of the day so I am back to thinking about a glass one!

My Mum bought (bofore it blew over) a 6'x4' greenhouse. Once it was up it was TINY!!!!!!! So...... I decided that a 6'x8' would be a good size. One side to get all those little seedlings off to a good start and the other side to grow my cucumbers and tomatoes.

I have found a clearance glass greenhouse which is 6'x10' for less money than I was gonna spend on the polycarb one. For an extra £99 I can get it kitted out in toughened glass but Mr Dragon seems to think that we could get the glass coated in a film to protect it! It's the same stuff he had put on his car windows so watch this space to see what we end up doing!! Personally I think it could cost more than the toughened glass but we'll see!

This is the one I'm looking at (but not in green - that is an expensive option!!!! )





Apparently there is a 5-7 week wait for it which is a bit disappointing as I really want to get some seeds in but hey ho, if that's what it take then I will have to wait! Patience is a virtue (but not on an allotment apparently!!

I WANT TO GET SOME VEG GROWING!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry Up


No comments: